Beginners Yoga Adelaide
“Yoga allows you to find a new kind of freedom that you may not have known even existed.”
― B.K.S. Iyengar
What is Beginners’ Yoga?
Beginners’ courses introduce you, with a methodical progression, to 25 basic beginners’ yoga poses. Iyengar yoga for beginners teaches the fundamentals of alignment of the yoga poses, breath awareness and each class ends with deep relaxation. Many people have done some yoga but still feel that they have not been taught right alignment for the poses. Our beginners courses will teach you how to do the poses correctly even if you have done some yoga before.
8 week beginners’ yoga courses in Adelaide comprise of up to 4 sessions attended per week for 60 minutes in Iyengar yoga. They are intended for complete beginners to yoga or those wanting to do a refresher course. The courses introduce and consolidate the basic poses which build strength and flexibility. You will also learn how to deeply relax noticing over this time that your mind is able to quieten more easily.
Unlimited 8 Week Beginner’s 2019
Attend 8 weeks of intensive yoga and gain flexibility, strength, stamina and wellbeing fast.
- Ongoing Beginner’s start Sundays anytime – 9.30am
- 8 week courses start Tuesday October 22nd – 7.30pm.
- 8 week courses start WednesdayOctober 23rd – 7.30pm
- OR start anytime Mondays 9.30am/Sundays 9.30am
There is no casual payment – we offer an 8 week class pass. Attend up to 4 classes a week (Beginner’s classes only as named on the timetable)
Length: 60 minutes
Cost: $185 unlimited Beginner’s
- Or attend 8 week courses – Attend one class per week for 8 weeks
- Cost: $135 once a week beginner’s
* dynamic lunchtime class for all levels – Wednesdays from 1-2pm. Special offer – $120 for 10 classes or $15 a drop in.
Book and Buy Online
Which Class is Right for me?
When you have completed the beginners’ course or courses at Coast yoga you will have the strength, flexibility and awareness to move into regular level 1 classes. There are level 1 classes 7 days a week at Coast Yoga: enough to fit into the busiest timetable.
You will experience more rapid progression when attending several classes a week.
- All classes require prior booking and full payment to secure a place.
- There are no refunds on courses.
- All equipment including mats are supplied by the yoga centre. You can bring your own mat if you prefer.
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for stretching. It can be fitted or baggy – whatever you are comfortable in. Yoga is done barefoot.
- Please do not eat directly before the class.
What are the Benefits of Yoga for Beginners?
Over the beginners’ course of 8 weeks you will learn to do some of the standing poses, sitting poses, some easy back bends and some of the inverted poses. The poses will increase mobility of the hips, ankles, shoulders and back and will start to unravel deep-held stiffness and imbalance in the body. The beginners’ course will develop strength in your legs, back and upper body making you feel strong, energised and free in your body. You will find that beginners’ yoga will give you energy and over the 8 weeks your concentration and focus will improve. You will also learn to systematically relax which can help with sleep difficulties, stress and anxiety.
In order to maximize benefit from the course you are encouraged to attend as many sessions as possible over the 8 weeks. If you do need to miss a session during your course you are able to make this up during the week with another class over the length of the course.
Teachers at Coast Yoga are trained to modify poses if you come with injury which may limit some of your mobility. Please let us know about this when you book. Beginners’ courses can provide a balance for sport such as cycling, running and competitive sport.