Teen Yoga Classes in Glenelg
Yoga can positively support a teens transition between the ages of 13 – 19, where many changes take place.
These years are a particularly stressful time for the body and the mind, yet our classes give teens tools needed to deal with any emotional and physical challenges.
How our teen yoga classes can help
Our classes are designed to help with focus and concentration, through the techniques of mindfulness.
Most teens have short, tight muscles from the high demands that intense sport plays on the body, as well as the growing process where bones lengthen faster than muscles.
- Yoga safely lengthens every muscle in the body, relieving tension and pain.
- It protects the body from injury by keeping muscles and joints mobile and balanced.
- It calms the mind with deep relaxation and relieves turbulent emotions.
- It improves coordination and balance.
- Yoga improves the rounded shoulders of “computer posture’, relieving neck and shoulder pain.
- Yoga brings a sense of confidence and wellbeing.
- It is non-competitive.
When do the classes run
Dates: Starts Thursday 26th July and runs through the term.
Length/times: 5.15pm – 6.15pm
Cost: $138 for 10 weeks (attending once per week) OR $14 for a casual class.
*Casual classes can be booked at the centre.