Iyengar Yoga Class
What is Iyengar Yoga?
Our Adelaide yoga studio specialises in Iyengar Yoga classes. Classes are built methodically so that you learn correct alignment from the beginning and build a balanced strength and flexibility. Poses build one on another so that you can experience your own progress. Teachers are highly trained to modify poses for injury, pregnancy and other issues that may require a modified practice.
Benefits of Iyengar Yoga
- Iyengar yoga works! It is such a methodical and accessible method to transform your body and mind
- to reduce pain and stiffness
- to focus and calm your mind
- to feel vital throughout your life.
- It also leads to increased strength and resilience.
How does Iyengar Yoga differ from other styles of yoga?
The principle characteristic of Iyengar Yoga is the attention to the details of alignment and balanced practice. BKS Iyengar was a master in how to do a pose and how to deal with our physical limitations. This class at our studio in the heart of Glenelg has Iyengar only trained and certified teachers who have the expertise to teach all students, no matter what the age or physical ability, to practice yoga.
Who is Iyengar Yoga for?
- Iyengar yoga is for everyone.
- We have classes for all levels from complete beginners to advanced practitioners
- We teach for all stages of life including pregnancy and post natal.
If you are thinking of booking your first class you can find us at The Warehouse, 1-5 Sussex St, Glenelg, South Australia 5045. The studio entrance is just off Chittleborough Lane and opposite Zest Cafe. We are in a great location for Adelaide residents to access and enjoy their first Iyengar yoga experience.