Iyengar Yoga Class
What is it?
Our Adelaide yoga studio specialises in Iyengar Yoga classes. Our classes are 60 minutes of a continuum of yoga poses joined together in a sequence by sun salutes (surya namaskar). Transition from pose to pose is swift with limited verbal instruction. Each week will focus on a different group of poses linked together to form this aerobic workout.
Book and Buy Online
8 Week Beginner’s Courses for Uni Students – 1 Class Per Week$115.00
8 Week Beginner’s Courses for Uni Students – 4 Classes Per Week$165.00
Yoga for Full-Time Uni Student – 10 Classes$140.00
Yoga 20 classes with expiry$305.00
Beginners 8 Week Course – Unlimited Pass$185.00
Beginners 8 Week Course – Once a Week Pass$135.00
Yoga 20 classes no expiry$325.00
Yoga 10 classes$175.00
- Sun salutes include forward and backward bending as well as upper body, abdominal and spinal strengthening.
- The aerobic nature of the practice builds heat in the body in a safe and balanced way leading to increased flexibility.
- It also leads to increased strength and resilience.
- Yogic heat in the body helps with detoxifying the organs and weight loss.
How does it differ from regular Iyengar classes
The principle characteristic of this class is the attention to the details of alignment and sensation. This class at our studio in the heart of Glenelg will take less time describing each pose and the focus will be to flow from one pose to the next. This leads to a more dynamic workout than a regular class. However, the class still ends with relaxation.
Who is it for?
- The class is open to all levels.
- It is recommended to combine this class with your regular level one, two or three.
- It is also open to fit beginner’s or those who have practiced other styles of yoga.
- It is great for those wanting to increase aerobic fitness through a Iyengar yoga class.
If you are thinking of booking your first class you can find us at The Warehouse, 1-5 Sussex St, Glenelg, South Australia 5045. The studio entrance is just off Chittleborough Lane and opposite Zest Cafe. We are in a great location for Adelaide residents to access and enjoy their first Iyengar yoga experience.