In studio classes:
Mother and Baby Yoga
Mother and Baby Yoga Adelaide
Mother and baby yoga classes are the first step in recovering your body after birth. Our postnatal yoga class is available for women from 4 weeks after the birth and 6 weeks after a caesarean.
More about the class
- It is a class that you can attend with your baby.
- During the class you are free to join in or attend to your baby’s needs.
- The class is casual and welcoming.
- We do some gentle massage and stretching with your baby at the beginning of the class but the majority of the time is spent on appropriate exercises for your body postnatally.
- You will find the class to be a full and appropriately paced workout for new mothers.
- The class is appropriate until the babies start to be mobile.
- The class is social and friendly and is a great way for you to get to know other women with babies.
What we target
- Tight muscles in your back and shoulders from repetitive bending and breast feeding.
- Rediscovering and strengthening your pelvic floor.
- Strengthening your abdominal and lower back muscles to prevent and relieve pain. This is especially important post caesarean when your abdominal muscles are weakened.
- Breathing techniques to relieve stress and fatigue.
- Restorative poses that help with deep fatigue from interrupted sleep.
- Deep relaxation at the end of the class.
There are also interactive poses between you and your baby so that as your baby grows it can come to love this special time together during yoga.
Dates: Every Tuesday – join at any time
Length/times: 11.30am – 12.30pm
*If you attended pregnancy yoga and have unused classes, you can use them for mother and baby yoga.
*Casual classes can be booked at the centre.
Please bring a mat