Mother and baby yoga
Mother and baby yoga classes are the first step in recovering your body after birth.
Our postnatal yoga class is available for women from 4 weeks after the birth and 6 weeks after a caesarean.
More about the class
- It is a class that you can attend with your baby.
- During the class you are free to join in or attend to your baby’s needs.
- The class is casual and welcoming.
- We do some gentle massage and stretching with your baby at the beginning of the class but the majority of the time is spent on appropriate exercises for your body postnatally.
- You will find the class to be a full and appropriately paced workout for new mothers.
- The class is appropriate until the babies start to be mobile.
- The class is social and friendly and is a great way for you to get to know other women with babies.
What we target
- Tight muscles in your back and shoulders from repetitive bending and breast feeding.
- Rediscovering and strengthening your pelvic floor.
- Strengthening your abdominal and lower back muscles to prevent and relieve pain. This is especially important post caesarean when your abdominal muscles are weakened.
- Breathing techniques to relieve stress and fatigue.
- Restorative poses that help with deep fatigue from interrupted sleep.
- Deep relaxation at the end of the class.
There are also interactive poses between you and your baby so that as your baby grows it can come to love this special time together during yoga.
Dates: Every Monday – join at any time
Length/times: 11.30am – 12.45pm
Cost: Three options available – $165 for 10 classes/$145 concession and $20 for a casual class/$18 concession (please contact us for more info)
*Casual classes can be booked at the centre.
*Concessions are available for full time students, unemployed or on a pension but not to health care card holders or seniors card holders. Please contact us for more information or book at the centre.
*This is the only class at Coast Yoga for which your ticket can be used for an extended period.
*If you attended pregnancy yoga and have unused classes, you can use them for mother and baby yoga.
*All yoga equipment provided.